Director of Medical Education
As the Director of Medical Education, you will be responsible for creating, organizing and implementing vascular robotics education program offerings serving a variety of user segments including physicians, technologists and administrators.
You will be developing, implementing and managing a variety of robotics course offerings in a variety of settings and including multiple media platforms. Education offerings are both traditional and contemporary and occur both in advance of and following the sale of the vascular robotic equipment. You will work closely with physician course proctors and selected physician KOL's. You will also work closely and collaboratively with both the sales and marketing organizations and frequently interface with the clinical and research departments of the company. It is anticipated that the field of vascular robotics will be developing rapidly and iteratively, requiring a constant evaluation of education offerings and content. In addition, you will continually be monitoring the effectiveness of the offerings as impacting business goals and the satisfaction of participants in a metrics based methodology.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate all phases of external medical education, including pre and post sales offerings
- In collaboration with SVP Clinical Regulatory and Medical Affairs, manage, educate and assist to educate identified physician KOL's.
- Assist in the development and management of Corindus Training Sites and Centers of Excellence.
- Lead the creation of education and workflow optimization curriculums and support materials for both clinical customers, and “train the trainers” using adult learning principles
- Develop multi-modality education offerings leveraging contemporary technologies, platforms and current medical education practices
- Continually evaluate and improve all facets of the Corindus medical education process and design, develop and implement education programs that build commercial capability and drive vascular robotic adoption.
- Interface with services, sales and marketing leadership to ensure educational offerings are in alignment with strategic imperatives
- Work with Marketing to integrate strategic focus and messaging to our customer segments
- Align with product marketing teams to support collateral material and programs for existing portfolio as well as new product launches to meet strategic goals, including new sales channels
- Attend periodic courses and sales meetings in support of corporate initiatives
- Deliver training to customers when needed
- Effectively model and coach in delivery of training content
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Superior writing and presentation skills required
- Licensed clinician preferred
- 5+ years of catheterization lab management or a Licensed Clinician preferred
- 5+ years of either industry or hospital clinical training experience required including content development
- Experience developing content applying adult learning principles required
- Familiarity with contemporary medical education platforms and technologies preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% required